Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is anyone familiar with "roaming" files??

I'm trying to create some new word document templates. I create a file and the default save location is this folder "C:\Users\John\AppData..."





But when I browse my computer using Windows Explorer (I have Vista Home Basic) there is NO such folder as "AppData" under John. WHAT is going on??





If I name my folder "foo.dot" and I search for "foo.dot" using Windows Explorer suddenly, there is an "AppData" folder.





Help!!

Is anyone familiar with "roaming" files??
The folder is probably hidden. From My Computer, go to the Tools menu %26gt; Folder Options.... %26gt; View Tab


Then under Hidden Files and Folder, click the radio button next to: Show Hidden Files and Folder


Apply OK


You should see all hidden files and folders then.


No comments:

Post a Comment